Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back Home Safely




















Well, I am back home in Oxford, Ohio safe and sound. Yesterday was sort of a whirlwind. We decided to try staying up all night, since we had to be in the hotel lobby at 5 AM to catch our shuttle to the airport. Well, we made it to about 230, at which point Adam Jacob and I were so tired we just wanted to pack and get a quick power nap. Well, I packed, Adam decided to wait until 4:30 to throw everything in, or at least that was the plan. He set his watch alarm and set up a wake up call, neither of which worked. Eric Albers fortunately called us at 5:03 to see if we were ready, and Adam packed as fast as any person I have ever seen. We made it to the airport, had a sweet conversation w/ the driver about OSI and what we do.

So, left Mexico City at 745 AM, arrive in Chicago about four hours later. Ate a big American Bacon Cheeseburger, and then waited three hours for our flight to Cincy. That flight was uneventful, got into Cincy around 6:30. Then three good friends picked me up from the airport, and from there we went straight to the Hofbrauhaus in Newport, where we dined in the German Fashion. Then I picked up my car, drove back to Oxford, and slept, hard. So from 7 AM Friday morning, I served at a church, played Goliath, died, did more interviews, loved on some kids, repacked the OSI warehouse, ate dinner, wandered around Mexico City, tried to stay up all night, took a 2 hr. power nap, caught a flight out of Mexico, slept 3 hrs. on the plane, chilled in Chicago, flew to Cincy, then did some German dining, then home. I'm not even sure how I'm awake now come to think of it.

Anyways, the picture is from the Bonita Vista, where we served the last two days. It is a partially built structure next to the two pastor's houses, and I think it is going to be their church given the cross they have put on the top. It currently has a floor, almost completely walls, spaces in the walls for two windows and a door, and is probably smaller than my living room in the house I live at in Oxford. I love those people. I love Mexico City. I hope in 50 years, God willing, I'll have had kids and maybe grandkids, and have taken them all there multiple times. But whatever course God takes me, I'll always feel a pull south, and can hopefully share the experience with great people in my life.

No comments: