Friday, April 27, 2007

Fridays

So, In my recent foray into the world of blogging, I've come to realize something. For me, I often have to stop and check my motives for saying/doing anything. Whether it's to garner to approval of others, look better than I am, hide something, whatever. I do it in life, and am even more susceptible in an environment where I can spend as much time as I want putting together exactly the right words with just the right pictures to envoke deep thoughts. This isn't a new realization for me, nor is it condemning serious thoughts on blogs. It's just a statement that what I sometimes do in life can translate here where it's easier to sound good.

On that note, I've decided that every Friday will be solely dedicated to the ridiculous. Maybe other times I'll use this blog will be used for the lighthearted, but Friday's are reserved for the funny. I mean, what is the point of a blog anyways? Put your thoughts out there . . . yeah. Convince other people of your position . . . well, i think less than 5 people regularly read this, and they are all in line w/ me on important matters, so not much there. I guess for me, I'd like to use it for ideas. I'm smart enough to know I'm not THAT smart, so this will be a forum for thoughts that aren't necessarily completely developed or maybe even right. But rather thoughts that the contemplation of which will hopefully push myself and others closer to Jesus and fullness of life in Him. Or just spend more time reading our Bibles instead of checking all the blogs you follow for new posts 15-20 times a day . . . or maybe that's just me.


Anyways, here is the humor. A picture I just found on my laptop from three years ago this weekend. J Crew U party . . . Band of Brothers house . . . The then four leaders of Young Life at Edgewood High School. Adam no longer rocks hair like that, Maren is gunna be a full time real deal teacher at Colerain, Dannie Ball is soon to be Dannie Gatliff, and I . . . well, I lost that hat, and that was definitely a major deal . . .

So, yeah, there's your post. Deciding to be random every Friday, with some "deep thoughts" on why sprinkled in too. Hope you have enjoyed this update!

P.S. - It's pretty freeing to not reserve blogging for serious thoughts only, because otherwise I feel required to make it a certain length, and can only write things that are revolutionary enough to make the cut.

3 comments:

jmjana said...

I LOVE that picture. and I was just thinking...wait that's the house of mud! and it was!!!! and Im not sure I could love the people in that pic more :)

Crosby said...

I too love this picture and what you said about blogging. I find myself falling into the same trap. Thanks for smcking me into shape (like you usually do)!

shannon akers said...

haha.

for a second i thought that i missed out on the days when cros used to pop his collar.

i stand corrected. :)