Monday, April 30, 2007

I am Overwhelmed by Waters














So today was a good day. No exams today or tomorrow, which means no studying, so I headed up the Hueston Woods. Four hours, 60 pages of A River Runs Through It, 30 pages of Desiring God, one lake and one barefoot creek walk later, and life was feelin allllllright. I've been wanting to just go spend a large chunk of time there for awhile. I sat shirtless on a peninsula into the lake, then headed over to the "Glory" creek to go walk around and read some Piper. I've been so enthralled with the grandeur and overwhelming size of God's creation as of late, it was amazing to just sit by a little babbling brook and realize he intricately designed this as well. Watch the little fish bob in and out of the current, feel the breeze come rushing downstream, sit with my feet in the cool rushing water, hearing nothing but the smooth flow of water and soft rustling of leaves in the trees.

Anyways, I'm moving to Hueston Woods, setting up a tent, and living there like a hermit. Ok, that's ridiculous, but I do wish I could/did spend more time there, in silence before the Lord in His creation.

"My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him." -- Psalm 62:5

PS - Got that verse in a random card from my mom. Judy Pruett - Awesome

2 comments:

shannon akers said...

you=awesome

creeks=awesome

judy pruett?=AWESOME

Dan Z said...

Hueston Woods...oh how I miss that place. There will always be part of me that longs to be on Fourmile Creek.

I love that bit of water. My grades at Miami would have been more than just a bit better had I not spent so many hours cutting class to drift flys in her pools. Especially behind the horse stables.

...it was time well spent.

While you are there, you should be sure to fish that creek a bit. It is full of the most brilliant sunfish you will ever see. There is a species called long-ear sunfish that lives in the creek and they are incredible. In the next month they will put on there spawning colors...really bright turquoise, orange and green. They look like they should be on a coral reef.

I still have one from that creek in my aquarium. Maybe I'll post a photo on my blog if I get a chance